Monday, November 26, 2007

Jenks, OK

I just stopped for the day at a truck stop outside of Houston. I had a long one. I got up at 3:30 am and started driving at 4:30 am from Anna, TX which is about 40 miles north of Dallas. I made it down to Sealy at 10:00 am and then was sent to Port Arthur, TX to pick up a load of pulp. Port Arthur is about 150 miles from Sealy on the other side of Houston. I arrived there about 1:30 pm and was loaded up by 4:00 pm. Port Arthur is on the gulf coast and is filled with oil refineries. I had to drive into the port of Port Arthur, where ships dock and unload. There were also railroad tracks running every which way. Quite a convergence of shipping, rail and truck traffic. The load I picked up I'll need to drive up to Jenks, OK by early afternoon tomorrow (500 miles). Jenks is just south of Tulsa.

Last night I was fortunate enough to have dinner with Kara (my niece). She met me at one of the truck stops in Anna. It was great to see her. My good fortune continues with regard to seeing relatives.

I hope you all watched the Bears game yesterday afternoon. I wasn't able to watch, but followed along on my Blackberry. I prefer that. I get too anxious otherwise.

The Holiday season is upon us. I suppose I could decorate the inside of my truck, but I think I'll fore go that pleasure. I let you know where I'm headed when I find out tomorrow. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: