Saturday, November 24, 2007

Effingham, IL

Next stop, Effingham, IL. I dropped off the load in Wisconsin Rapids this morning and picked up another one there. This one has 24 rolls of paper (44,000 lbs). I have an appt to del it at 11:00 am tomorrow. I drove as far as Gilmore, IL this evening (exit 183 on I-57).

Again, it was a nice day. (20's and 30's) Driving has been easy. Not too many cars or trucks on the road. I drove through Chicago and only once needed to slow down.

Tonight, I'm going to watch movies. The first one will be `Live Free or Die Hard` with Bruce Willis, and if I'm not too tired I'll watch `Amazing Grace`, which is about the man who brought about the abolition of slavery in England in the early 1800's.

Living in a truck is pretty comfortable for me. I find I'm in more contact with people than when I'm home. I'm surprised by that, but also pleased. I celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday with many phone calls to family, and with a turkey sandwich which I bought at a truck stop. For once, I didn't overeat.

I hope yesterday was good and that the weekend is continuing as you hoped it would. I'll keep in touch. Maybe I'll head down south where it is warm. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: