Monday, July 2, 2007

Mobile, AL (the 100th post!)

I got as far as Mobile last night. I was hoping to get farther, but discovered before I took off yesterday that one of the tires on the trailer had lost all of it's tread. It had fallen off the day before. I had to stop at the Houston operating center and get a new tired. It set me back an hour and a half.

I have 900 miles to drive before 10:00 am tomorrow. 700 today and 200 tomorrow morning. I should be able to make it fine. I am approaching the time, however, when I may need to take a 34 hour break.

It's been warm and muggy these last days with the threat of thundershowers. The AC works great in the truck which is a relief.

On the website front, I'm working on 2 websites simultaneously. Frank's (FaceMask) and Frank's colleagues (JungNYC). I've just figured out how to put a forum/bulletin board on the sites, so that has been fun.

I'm either on the computer, driving the truck or sleeping.

I hope you all had a great weekend and that you have some time off this week to celebrate the 4th.

By the way, I'll be heading north out of Mobile in I-65 and pick up I-85 in Montgomery and head northeast into GA, then SC, then NC, and finally into VA.

James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: