Friday, July 20, 2007

Edmonton, AB - 2

Good evening - I had a full day. I had to get to my delivery point by 2:00 pm today. It was tight. I arrived at 2:30 pm. I was delayed getting fuel in Saskatoon, and then was given the wrong directions to the company. Fortunately, I was able to call them and get everything cleared up. I next needed to get to the pickup location in Acheson before they closed at 5:00. Otherwise, either I would need to wait until Monday or they would need to send me 300 or 400 miles to get a different load. I arrived there at 4:50 pm. I had to drive across Edmonton to get there.

I finally got a phone connection around 11:00 am today as well as my email connection. I had 18 emails waiting and 8 phone messages. It took me awhile to get through them all.

I'll attempt to cross the border tomorrow sometime late afternoon. I've already faxed the paperwork to the broker. Hopefully, the crossing will go smoother than yesterday. I need to drive 1700 miles with this load of wood chips and arrive at the OK State Fairgrounds on Tues 7/24 by 2:00 pm. That shouldn't be any problem at all.

I'll be without phone connection probably from 10:00 am tomorrow until 7:00 or 8:00 pm tomorrow night.

Baseball report - Tristan had three hits last night in his baseball game and he scored 2 runs. He was pleased. He really likes playing on a team.

Well, I think I'll get to bed. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: