Friday, July 20, 2007

Lumsden, SK

Good Morning! - I lost a phone signal just north of Minot, ND and haven't had it since. You'll be receiving this after the fact. I had to wait in Portal, ND 5 hours and I tried to get my paper work cleared. Quite frustrating. Finally, I walked into Canada to the Customs office there and they said I was cleared to cross. I drove for 3 hours after that and got as far as north of Regina. I'll be leaving soon and hope to make it to Edmonton by 1:00 pm MDT.

I parked across from an Esso gas station last night. They offer full service. There was a young woman out there washing windows and pumping gas for customers. I haven't seen that in a long time. And across the street from the gas station was the Royal Canadian Mounted Police station. But it was closed. Interesting.

Well, I'm heading out now. I'll keep writing these and will send them when I get a phone signal. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: