Friday, July 27, 2007

Charlotte, NC

I'm sitting in traffic on I-59 in Alabama north of Birmingham. About a mile ahead of me there was black smoke billowing into the sky and I could are flames. I haven't heard anything for sure about what happened, but um guessing it was an accident. Cars are stopped ahead of me and well behind me. People are out of their cars trying to see. Kids are running up and down the highway. I'm guessing I'll be here for awhile. Some cars have crossed a wide grassy median.

I have to drive up to Scottsboro, AL and picked up a load and drop it off in Charlotte, NC in the afternoon tomorrow. It's what they call a relay. Someone will pick it up in Charlotte and take it to CT. I hope they start sending me back to the Midwest tomorrow.

There is a birthday party for Marge Hove on Sunday in Decorah (her 80th). It would be something if I were sent through Decorah.

Oh, it's now 7:10 pm CDT. It is in the low 80's and humid. I'm listening on the CB but there isn't much of value about what has happened. In the next email I'll let you know what happened. Hope you all had a good day! - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: