Monday, July 30, 2007

Lakeville, MN

I'm in Lakeville, MN. I dropped off a load in Green Bay this morning, picked up a load at the Schneider operating center in Green Bay and headed to MN. I'm to del this load tomorrow morning at 10:00 am. There is a good chance I'll be done after that.

In Green Bay at the operating center I met someone I went through training with. His daughter was traveling with him for 2 weeks. He's really smart. He was frustrated though that he was only getting 2,000 - 2,200 miles a week. He was somewhat envious of my 3,000 miles a week. I told him about being in the Home Run program and he seemed interested.

I then met a man who is just starting his training at Schneider. He asked how I liked driving. I mentioned I did. Also that I was part of the Home Run program. He wasn't aware there was such a program. He was my age and talking to him brought back memories of my training. I'm glad I'm 7 months into driving and not starting the process now.

Also saw some of my trainers helping others. I don't think I could or would want to train. So, it was an interesting day. I'm shifting my focus from driving to my upcoming week off. I'll be heading to SF with Kathy and Jim to visit Gene for a few days. We are looking forward to it.

I hope your week started out well and will continue that way. I'll let you know when I'm done tomorrow. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: