Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bismarck, ND

I'm almost to Bismarck. I was detained at the border last night and needed to spend the night in Portal, ND. The border guards unloaded the whole trailer while I waited in their offices. It took them 2+ hours to unload and load the trailer. I guess I looked suspicious. They asked me 3 different times if I was a US citizen. I think the problem was that I didn't have the right seal on the back door of the trailer. It was an uncomfortable experience, to say the least.

This morning I woke up to fog and for the first 2 hours averaged 40 mph. It has burned off now and I'm back to 65 mph. I'm not sure how far I'll get today. I have plenty of time to make it to Oklahoma City. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly from here on.

Have a great day. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: