Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Arkadelphia, AR

note from James on previous (subjectless) email: I forgot to put anything in the subject line. I was trying to eat and type at the same time. If better stick to one thing at a time.

I'm in . After dropping off the load at the Oklahoma State Fair I was sent to Paris, TX (200 miles away) to pick up a load at Kimberley-Clark to take to a WalMart Dist Center in Cullman, AL. (560 miles away). I realized I couldn't make it all the way without going past my 70 hour limit, so I arranged to take a 34 hour break beginning at 6:00 pm tonight. I'll begin driving again at 6:00 am Thursday morning. Instead of staying at a truck stop in the truck, I did decide to splurge and I got a motel room for 2 nights.

I think I'll watch TV, sleep, eat, work on the computer and take a nice long shower. And then repeat.

Baseball Report: Tristan had a very successful last game, even though his team lost 4-1. He made a running catch of a fly ball in left field. He asid he even had to jump a little to catch the ball. He was also called in to pitch. The starting pitcher didn't make it through the first inning. Tristan got the third out in the first and then pitched 2 more scoreless innings. He also got one hit in three at-bats. He did make contact on all 3 at-bats. He was thrilled with the game. I thought it was a great way to complete a season. I asked him if I could let you all know about it and he replied, 'Sure, you can let the whole world know.'.

During this first week of trucking I drove 3600 miles. Not bad. It will be interesting to see how the 2nd week goes.

I hope you had a nice day. I'll let you know how my day off goes. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: