Saturday, July 28, 2007

Memphis, IN

I stopped in Memphis, IN for the night. Memphis is just 16 miles north of Louisville, KY on I-65. This morning I drove from Charlotte to Patterson, NC to pick up a full trailer of tissue paper. It only weighs 8,000 lbs. I'm taking it to Green Bay, WI and need to have it there by Monday morning at 7:00 am. I'm about half way there. I need to drive anothe 500 miles tomorrow. So, I'm heading toward home. Hopefully, I'll be back sometime on Tues.

I made it to Charlotte last night around 6:00 pm. Marc, Rachel and Julia picked me up at the Schneider operating center and took me to their new home. It is really nice. Little Julia gave me a tour of the whole house. She is very cute. She had made some peanut butter bars with chocolate chips with the help of Rachel. She let me eat 2 of them and had to put two more in a Baggie for me to take back to the truck. I was fortunate to be the first one in the family to see their new home. I spent time trying to talk Marc into getting a Blackberry and Rachel into getting a computer at home, but with no success. Rachel does scrap-booking and I was telling her how much fun it would be to do it on the computer and develop a web page. My words fell on deaf ears.

The accident I talked about in my last email was a auto-transport truck that had gone into the median of an interstate and I think tipped over. 2 or 3 of the cars had fallen off and were burned. The truck itself was charred with 2 or 3 cars still on it. No one was hurt, but I was stuck in traffic for 3 hours.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. I'll let you know where I go after Green Bay. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: