Saturday, May 19, 2007

Scranton, SC

I had a good nights sleep in Gary, IN (Schneider operating center) and now I'm ready to head to Scranton, SC. I don't need to be there until Monday morning at 7:00 am. So I have a leisurely 850 mile drive over the next two days.

Yesterday was spent the southern suburbs of Chicago. I made my delivery in Bolingbrook at noon. They then sent me 4 miles to pick up an empty trailer. However that place didn't have one. They then sent me 4 more miles to get a different empty trailer. That place also didn't have one. Finally, they sent me 9 miles north into Naperville for an empty trailer. They had one. This little adventure took me 3 1/2 hours.

I went to West Chicago to pick up a load. I arrived there at 4:00 and was ready to leave a little after 6:00. I talked to another trucker about the intricacies of moving the tandems back and forth on the trailer, especially on old trailers. He showed me how to use vise-grips to help with the process. He was an older trucker like me who'd been driving for 18 years.

I drove from West Chicago to here from 6:15 to 8:00. Traffic doesn't run as smoothly in warm weather. A lot more road construction. I was also wondering how the roads can withstand 40 ton trucks constantly driving over them.

I hope to get get into TN tonight and then drive the rest of the way tomorrow. I think the weather will be fine. It seems to be 72 and sunny wherever I drive. (just kidding).

I hope you all have a great weekend. This is a nice time of the year. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: