Monday, May 21, 2007

Dandridge, TN

I'm in Dandridge, TN getting fuel. I stopped last night in Corbin, KY, about 30 miles north of the KY-TN border. I'll try to get within 15-20 miles of Scranton, SC before I stop tonight. It's about another 300 miles (5-6 hours of driving).

KY and TN are really beautiful with everything green and lush. The temp today is in the low 80's and it is sunny.

I'm heading into more mountains now so the going will be slower. Being 40 tons it is impossible to accelerate uphill. There are 2 tunnels I'll have to go thru, but they aren't very long. For those interested I'll be taking 40 to 26 to 20 and stopping for the night where 20 intersects/ends at 95 (these are all interstates).

Talked to Greta this morning and she said it was 46 degrees this morning in Red Wing. She didn't have the top down on my 'Cruiser' Ragtop. I continue to wonder about the benefits of living way up north.

I hope your weekend ends well. I'll let you know tomorrow where I'm heading next. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: