Sunday, May 6, 2007

Muncie, IN

I got up this morning at 3:00 EDT to make the delivery in Pageland, SC at 4:15 am.
It took them 2 hours to unload it and then I drove down to North Charleston, SC
to drop off the empty trailer and pick up a loaded one. Immediately, I started west
and am heading toward Muncie, IN. I need to deliver that load by noon tomorrow.
I needed to stop at 5:00 pm (I can only work 14 hours at a time). I'm in Newport,
TN at a truck stop. I'll start again at 6:00 am tomorrow.

I believe I'll be sent to the Twin Cities from Muncie. But we'll see.

In Charleston, SC I saw US Hwy 52, and I remembered that 52 ends in Charleston.
I once talked about making a trip where I would travel from one end of 52 to the
other. It begins at the Canadian border in the middle of ND. The importance of this
Hwy for me is that I have lived most of my life on or near 52. (Birth in Decorah,
College in Decorah, Seminary in Dubuque, living in Cannon Falls, MN which has 52
running thru it and also living for a while in St Paul near 52.) It's interesting
that one Hwy defines me in some way. Well, I finally got to see where it ends (at
the sea).

Hopefully, on Tues I'll be able to stop in Madison, WI and celebrate Sydney's
birthday with her. She's pretty excited about it. She received a package in
the mail last week and was wondering if it was the candles for her birthday. She
let Erika know that she wanted a Spider Man balloon for her birthday also. She is
really quite a little girl. She reminds me a lot of Erika when she was young.

I hope your weekend has been good. I'll let you know where I'm headed after
Muncie. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: