Thursday, May 24, 2007

Beloit, WI

What a day! 14 hours. It began at 1:45 am near Dayton, OH. I needed to get to Milwaukee by 10:00 am to pick up a load of beer. Can't be late for that (though I was late). I had to stop in Sturtevant, WI on the way (just south of Milwaukee) drop off a load and pick up an empty trailer. I made it to Gary, IN by 6:45 am and got fuel and then headed north on the Tri-state (I-294). That was right during rush hour. It took me an hour and a half longer than I hoped. I was crawling. I arrived in Sturtevant at 9:30 am and left and 10:00 am. Then there was a traffic tie up in Milwaukee which delayed me 45 minutes. I arrived at the pickup point at 11:30 am and had a hard time finding the shipping area. They weren't able to get it loaded until 2:30 pm and I then hustled down to Beloit, WI for the night. Tomorrow I take this high value load the rest of the way to St. Louis, MO. I should get there by noon tomorrow. I'm tired. 14 hours is too bad. Starting at 1:45 am is the tough part. If you don't hear from me again, I took the beer and left the country.

And then I must admit a huge mistake. Without being aware of it I used my credit card for fuel last Monday. I should have used a card the company gave me. So I have a $342 charge on my card for fuel. I was floored when I saw it today. I've already talked with the people from Schneider and they will reimburse me. Thank goodness! An absent-minded trucker.

Well, how's everything going for all of you? I hope better than what I experienced. The holiday weekend is fast approaching. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it! I'll let you know where I'm going next when I find out. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: