Monday, May 28, 2007

Sarnia, ON

I'm backed up for a couple of miles waiting to cross the Canadian/US border. It is the Port Huron crossing. I am driving an empty trailer to Akron, MI which is near Bay City, MI. I pick up a load there and take it to Thienaville, WI which is just a little north of Milwaukee. The pickup is tomorrow at 8:00 am. The dropoff is Wed morning at 7:00 am. So, I'll be getting closer to MN. I'm hoping to be home by Wed afternoon sometime.

This morning I waited 5 hours to be unloaded. This afternoon there was an accident which delayed traffic for an hour, and now this delay. Someone said it could take 2 or 3 hours to get thru customs. Patience! Patience! That's my mantra for the day.

I hope your last day of the holiday was more eventful and fun than mine. I'll let you know how long it takes to get across. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: