Monday, May 21, 2007

Cincy

Good Morning! I'm in Darlington, SC. I think there is a race track here. I'm picking up a load that I need to take to Cincinnati, OH. I'll drop it off Wed morning 5/23.

It is warm down here today. High will be in the upper 80's. It was 75 about 8:00 this morning. I'm sweating. I think it might be time for a shower, or stay away from people.

My last check was a little on the light side. This morning I figured out why. With some loads we use a 'Lumper' to unload the trailer. These are people who hang around loading docks and do the unloading. I used one a couple of weeks ago ($280). I have to call in for an authorization # and make out what they call a ComCheck. What I didn't realize was that I had to also send in a receipt. They take the $280 out of my pay and then reimburse me when they receive the receipt. I'm glad I figured it out. I thought for awhile that this Homerun program wasn't very lucrative.

I will need to take a 34 hour break in the next couple of days. I'm 15 hours from my max of 70.

Well, I think they are done loading. Have a great day! - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: