Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Monroe, OH

I'm just about ready to retire for the evening. I'll get up early tomorrow to deliver a load into Cincinnati by 7:00 am. I drove from near Lexington, KY today up to a truck stop in Monroe, OH which is 20 miles north of Cincy. Uncle Jim and Aunt Carole met me at the truck stop and took me out to eat at an Olive Garden restuarant. Wonderful food. We then took a drive so I could see their house which is east of Cincinnati. What a beautiful home they have. Carole designed it herself and it has a fantastic view of the Ohio river. It was fun talking about the family years ago and about our current families; about their travels around the world, and my travels in the truck. It was a delightful time. I told them the next time I'm through I would honk when I drove near their house.

I'm named after Uncle Jim. The story goes that I was due to be born on either the 27th or 28th of October. My uncle Norman was born on the 27th of the month and Jim was born on the 28th of April. My mom and dad decided that if I was born on the 27th I would be called Norman. If I was born on the 28th I would be called James.

I don't know where I'll be going tomorrow. I don't have many hours left to drive, so it may not be far.

Hope you day went well! Talk to you soon! - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: