Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Garland, TX

I'm presently at a truck stop on I-95, just south of where it intersects with
I-40 in NC. I delivered my 12 tons of pine straw bales in Raleigh and picked up
my next load (38,000 lbs of crackers from Keebler). That is going to Garland, TX
which isn't too far from Kara at all. That load is due in Garland Friday morning
at 11:00 am. It will be about another 1200 miles of driving. So I'm racking
up the miles.

The temp today was in the 80's yet again. In Georgia I saw two references to
something called 'wiregrass'. Does anyone know what that is? I imagine it
is a variety of grass, but I wonder what it looks like. It must also be plentiful,
one hwy is called the Wiregrass Pkwy.

I'm going to take I-95 to I-20 to get to Dallas. I'll be driving through
Augusta (home of the Master's golf tournament) and Atlanta. It will take about
20 hours of driving. Hil, Wayne and Addie will be in Dallas this weekend. I might
be able to see them. Small world.

Tonight I'm going to watch the dvd 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?' I kind
of think Gene, Kathy and Frank should be watching it instead of me, but oh well.

I hope you're all doing well and you had a good day. I'll let you know how
tomorrow goes. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here's something about wiregrass
http://www.sfrc.ufl.edu/4h/Wiregrass/wiregras.htm