Friday, March 23, 2007

Baton Rouge, LA

I'm stopped for the day. I was able to make my delivery in Belle Chasse (Neil,
Gene or Melinda how do you pronounce Chasse?) I got stick in rush hour in New Orleans.
I was heading east with the sun in my eyes.

I was then sent to De Lisle, MS to pick up a load. That is about 70 miles east on
I-10. I'm taking that load to Houston, TX. It needs to be there by noon tomorrow.
It is a relay load. Someone else will pick it up there and take it to Mexico. Then
I pick up a load in Houston and start driving to Douglas, GA. I need to be there
8:30 Monday morning.

It was 80 today. I imagine I'll be in warm weather for at least a few more days.

New Orleans - what a fascinating and perplexing place. Water all around it. How
was it first settled and why? The landscape would have to be an acquired taste for
me. I don't know the terms for the different areas I saw. (swampy). I didn't
see much impact of Katrina until I was heading east on I-10 in New Orleans. Whole
neighborhoods to the south looked abandoned. Windows out, roofs damaged, no sign
of cars. That scene went on for miles. It was both low income housing and some larger
homes. Some large stores were closed. I don't think I'd like to deal with
a hurricane. It covers such a vast area. So powerful.

Well, I've taken a shower and now I'm going to watch a couple episodes of
Lost. I hope your days went well. Have a great weekend! - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa
)

No comments: