Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Carlisle, PA

But first, Julia!



Just got into Carlisle, PA where I-81 and I-76 intersect. I'm at a Schneider operating center. I tried to stop closer to Norman's house, but the truck stop near there was full. Tomorrow I travel up 81 into NY and then east on 88 to 87 and north on that to Plattsburgh. I have about 500 miles to drive tomorrow.

I, finally, was able to meet up with Marc and his family. We had breakfast this morning at an IHOP in Charlotte. It was a lot of fun. Little Julia is quite a talker. Marc commented that she reminded him of Jenna. I just had to agree with that assessment. I gave my assortment of Schneider gifts (trucks, duct tape, hats, cup holders, etc). Julia got to sit in the driver's seat and looked pretty cute. I honked the horn for her and startled her in the process.

I talked to Jason last night, he was hoping I'd drive close to NYC, but I mentioned I was driving further west. Maybe they'll send me by there after Plattsburgh. Have you seen how far north Plattsburgh is? My goodness, it's almost to Canada. I wonder what tha roads will be like as I go further north. Erika, it's even further north than Burlington, VT.

Well, I'll let you know how this next leg goes. Hope you all had a good day. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: