Sunday, September 2, 2007

West Memphis, AR

I've just stopped for the night about 20 miles west of Nashville on I-40. I'm on my way with a load of clothing to West Memphis, AR. It is not to far from Memphis, TN Schneider has an operating center there. I'll be dropping this load off tomorrow morning and someone else will take it from there.

This morning I picked up this load in Eden, NC not to far from Browns Summit. It's a High Value load, which means someone would like to steal it. The trailer that the clothing is in isn't very good. It took me 45 minutes to raise the landing gear. The crank wasn't working properly. A bolt was sheared and I needed to find a replacement.

I was listening to ESPN on XM radio and heard them talking about Appalachian State's victory over Michigan. They're saying it might be one of the biggest upsets ever in College Football. App. State is in a lower division than the major colleges and Michigan was ranked no. 5 in the nation. I'm not going to mention how the Cubs did. I don't want to jinx them.

I will have driven 2,200 miles by the time I reach West Memphis tomorrow, so I'm on target for my 6,000 miles in 2 weeks.

I'm going to watch more episodes of 'Ice Road Truckers' tonight. I bought a T-shirt at this truck stop that is dark blue with the Chicago Bears logo on it, and above that it says in bold white letters 'DaBears'. What a find.

I'll let you know where I'm going next. I'm pretty sure it won't be out west. Probably back east. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: