Monday, September 24, 2007

Sturgis, MI

I'm at a dock in Sturgis, MI just north of the border between IN and MI. I'm waiting to be partially unloaded. I'll take the remainder of the load to Alsip, IL tomorrow morning.

It's already been a long day for me. 7 1/2 hours of driving. I started out from Nitro, WV (nice name) this morning at 4:00 am.

Yesterday I arrived at Buena Vista at 12:00, but my load wasn't ready until 1:30 pm. I then had to drive thru the mountains of WV hauling 43,000 lbs of Paper rolls. Three were inclines where I was only going 25 mph. As I mentioned to Tristan however, I drove right by Marshall U in Charleston, WV. I had watched the DVD 'We Are Marshall' with him last week. It is about Marshall's football team back in the early '70's.

I'm tired. Getting up at 3:30 am is getting harder each day. I went to sleep at 8:00 pm last night and missed most of the Bear's game, which turned out to be a good thing. They got killed by the Cowboys.

I'm not going to mention anything about the Cubs being in first by 3 1/2 games with 6 games remaining.

I hope you all had a good weekend! I'll let you know tomorrow where I'm headed. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: