Saturday, September 8, 2007

Perryville, MD

I'm in Perryville with no load, waiting for an assignment. I arrived here last night to pick up a preloaded trailer and take it to Westfield, MA. The trailer had not been loaded because they didn't have a trailer. So I backed up my empty trailer to the dock and they said it would be ready in the morning. When I arrived this morning it still had not been loaded and the only person at the business was the guard at the guard shack. So, I'm sitting here waiting for a message on my truck computer.

Yesterday, I arrived in Charles Town, WV at noon and was unloaded quickly, but had to wait until 2:30 to be assigned another load. It took me 4 hours to drive 100 miles to Perryville because Baltimore was in between the two and it was rush hour.

Neil sent some info about Charles Town which is below:

Charles Town was laid out in 1786 by Charles Washington, who donated the four corner lots at the intersection of George and Washington Streets for public buildings of the town and county. Charles died sometime between July and September, 1799, only a short while before the death of his brother, George.
Charles Washington, was born in Huntington Creek, now Fairfax County, Virginia, on May 2, 1738. He was the youngest full brother of General George Washington. He came to present Jefferson County between April and October, 1780.


What is particularly fascinating about this is that I drove through the intersection of George and Washington Streets on my way to the company. It's quite a nice downtown.

I was looking on my calendar this morning and noticed it is Grandparents Day tomorrow. So, those of you with grandparents, you may want to take note. It is also Neil's birthday tomorrow. I won't mention her age. Happy Birthday, Neil!

I'll let you know where I'm going if and when I find out. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

PS - I just found the paperwork for the guard. It was misfiled there. So I've got my load and I'm heading to Westfield, MA.

No comments: