Friday, September 21, 2007

Knoxville, TN

I just finished for the night. I'm just outside of Knoxville. This morning I delivered my load to the post office in downtown Indianapolis. I was close to a new football stadium being constructed and Conseco Fieldhouse, home of the Indiana Pacers. Indianapolis is a nice city. After dropping part of the load there I went to Plainfield, IN southeast of Indy. I dropped the rest of the load there. I was then sent to Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up a trailer filled with hangers. (30,000 lbs of hangers). I was to take the hangers to Knoxville, TN and someone else would take them to Atlanta, GA on Monday. I finished that at 6:00 pm this evening.

Along the way I followed the Cubs game. I can't listen to it. I get too anxious. They won 13-8, thankfully.

Yesterday, I was emailed an Excel document that had my pay information for the past year and raises I'll be getting in October. What was most interesting is that the document also contained a list of about 600 drivers in this region. It had a bunch of info about each driver. (I don't think they meant to send that along). What I discovered is that about 85% of the drivers started since I began (Dec 2006). That was pretty amazing to me.

I just got my next assignment. I need to go to Diffield, VA (115 miles away) and then bring it back to Knoxville and drop it off at the same place I dropped this evening's load. Interesting!

I hope you all have a good weekend! I'll keep you informed about where I go. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: