Thursday, February 22, 2007

London, ON

I didn't get my brakes fixed until 6:30 pm est. It took 4 hours, longer than
I expected. I had to stop after a little over an hour of driving because of high
winds and snow. A couple of trucks had gone off the side of the road. A major highway
(402) is closed. For awhile traffic was only moving at 35 mph (60 km/h). I stopped
near London, ON at a Flying J truck stop. I'm not sure what 'Flying J'
stands for.

I'll leave early in the morning and hopefully get into Rochelle about 3:00 pm
cst.

Try going on the following Blogsite:
http://www.19thwheel.blogspot.com Crish created it for me. I'm the 19th wheel.
(the big trucks are called 18 wheelers, in case you were wondering. ) I think there
are 8 lug nuts on every wheel, so I could also be the 145th Lug Nut.

I hope the weather is nice where you are. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

1 comment:

Crish Barth, owner - 925.254.6527 said...

From: Ben and Jenna Mathew
>
> Neat to hear that you got to go to Canada. Guelph is near Ben's
> parents place and Port Colborne is where some people from Ben's
> church have moved. Ben's parents live in Stoney Creek which is off
> of the QEW on the way to St. Catharines. Their exit is called
> Centinnial Parkway (in case you are looking for it tomorrow).
>
> The surgery went well. It was a little had to come out of the
> anesthetic but I feel pretty good now. We got home at 3:00 and Mom
> and Hil brought Elias over for me to see (Addy came too). It was
> good to see him but I am okay with him staying at Mom and Dad's
> since I am still pretty tired.
>
> Well, have a good day driving. We look forward to hearing about
> your adventures in Canada.
>
> Jenna - the favorite neice in Southern Dubuque:)
>