Saturday, February 24, 2007

Battle Creek, MI

I've just stopped in Battle Creek, MI for the night. It was a long day, but I didn't encounter any bad weather. I imagine I'll get my fill tonight and tomorrow. I may just wait it out and start driving tomorrow afternoon.

I had a flat tire this morning which delayed me for about 4 hours. I was hooked up to 5 different trailers during the day and drove 350 miles.

I had an interesting conversation with the guy who fixed my tire this morning. He's Latino. He was on call and had to drive a long ways to fix the tire. I offered him some extra money so he could buy some beer when he got home. He declined. He said he drinks tequila to keep him warm. He called it his anti-freeze. He was a very nice guy.

As I reported in an email posted on the Blog, I've continued meditating on Lug Nuts, and their cosmic significance. I'm now the 101st Lug Nut.

Tomorrow I head for Kansas City, KS. I'm supposed to be there by 8:00 am Monday morning. It will be tight, but possibly I can make it. It depends on the weather and the number of hours I have available to drive. I'll keep you posted.

Tristan is with his Dad this weekend. They got 15-18" of snow. He's hoping he won't have school on Monday. I always enjoyed snow days when I was young. Nothing better.

I hope you're having a good weekend. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: