Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Litany Of Cities




Well, I made it to Rochelle, IL at 2:30 pm. Then I went to Romeoville, IL to drop off an empty trailer and pick up a loaded one. Tomorrow I drive to Melrose Park, IL to drop it off. Then I drive to Dolton, IL to pick up an empty trailer and drop that in Joliet where I pickup a loaded trailer and take it to Coldwater, MI. I should be done with all of that by 3:00 pm tomorrow.

Fortunately, this morning my drive through customs was uneventful. It took 10 minutes. What a relief. I drove 10 hours today, which is more than I usually drive.

On the way through Michigan I got off I-94 at exit 46 (Hartford). I was in search of the gas station that Grandpa Barth owned when Dad was very young. I had directions from Dad. Drive into town and take a left and head west on the main street. The gas station was on the right side right after you cross a railroad tracks. So I did as he directed and with one hand on the wheel and the other holding the camera I took a photo of the first bldg after the railroad tracks on the righthand side. I'm sending the photo to Crish who hopefully can get it on the Blogsite. I also took a couple of others. One of the exit sign. One of the cemetery, because Dad's brother Gilbert died in Hartford and might have been buried there. I also think I took photos of other signs.

Anyway, it was interesting. I didn't stop because I had to get to Rochelle. So it was a drive by (camera) shooting, so to speak.

I'll let you know if I make it to all of these Cities tomorrow and where I'm headed next. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

1 comment:

James Barth said...

Nice job, Crish! Thanks. Great photography!