Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Aberfoyle, ON


I'm done driving for the day. I'm at a Schneider operating center in Aberfoyle, ON not too far from Guelph. It is just off exit 299 on 401 west of Toronto. Tomorrow I travel to Port Colborne to pick up a load at 9:00 est. Port Colborne is south of St Catherine and west of Buffalo, NY right on Lake Erie. I then will drive to Rochelle, IL. I need to be there Friday 2/23 by 1:00. I'll cross the border in Detroit once again sometime tomorrow afternoon or early evening.

Toronto is a big city. 2.3 million I think. I didn't have any problem finding the delivery location which was a relief. In the area I was in it was multicultural. People from many different parts of the world. All very nice.

In Detroit this morning and a ways into Canada it was really foggy. 1/4 mi visibility. It was approriate weather for my encounter with US customs.

On the way thru MI I may try to stop in Hartford (exit 46 on I-94). That's where Grampa (Dad) lived for 5 years in the '20's. They had a gas station and an orchard, I believe. And Uncle Norman was born there. A sacred place. If the gas station is there I'll take a photo.

I hope you are all doing well. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: