Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Menomonie, WI

This will be my last load for Schneider. I should have it delivered to Menomonie by 6:00 am tomorrow morning. Because of the limit of only driving 70 hours over a 7 day period, I only had 3.25 hours to drive today. Tomorrow I'll have plenty of hours to finish the run. Right now I'm about 2 miles from the junction of I-80 and I-39 in IL. I plan on leaving early tomorrow morning at 1:00 am and drive north to Menomonie.

I got up this morning at 4:30 am and drove from Dixon, IL to Joliet. I used I-88, I-355 and I-55. It was snowing and the going was slow in places. I arrived in Joliet a little after 7:00 to pick up the load.

I have the rest of the day to rest up, work on the computer and watch DVD's.

I'm pretty sure that I'll head to Blaine after dropping the load in Menomonie. All I have to do then is clean out the truck and head to Red Wing. So I'm about 24 hours away from concluding 1+ years of driving for Schneider. I'm guessing I drove about 120,000 miles in 44 states and 4 provinces in Canada.

I hope the day is going well for all of you. I'll let you know when I make it to Red Wing. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: