Monday, February 18, 2008

Aberfoyle, ON

I'm at the Schneider operating center in Aberfoyle, ON. I entered Canada yesterday hoping to deliver the load I had for Brantford, ON this morning. The business was closed due to Family Day in Canada. So, I'm here for another day.

This has been a different trip. I've only had to drive 4 or 5 hours a day. I've had plenty of time in between. I've been watching movies I rent from iTunes and download on my computer. It's a great deal.

I've missed all of the bad weather, thankfully. I had no problems crossing the border, but did have to show my daily logs to an officer at a weigh station in Canada. Fortunately, they were mistake free. Truckers can be fined for not having correct or up-to-date logs.

I imagine I'll be heading back to the US tomorrow, but have no idea where I'll actually be headed.

I did give my two week notice to Schneider. I'll be starting at Monson Trucking two weeks from tomorrow. I'll be driving 5 days at a time and then having 2 days off. I'll have my own truck and will park it in Red Wing at an operating center they have there. The routes will be regional (upper Midwest area). I had a good experience with Schneider, but this will allow me to be home more frequently.

I hope you all had a good weekend. Only 2 more months of winter in MN if we are lucky. More and more I'm questioning my sanity for living in MN. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah,hi,just getting my a/z licence was wondering if you could give me as much information as you could in regards to shneider company,for a new driver.Thanks