Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jonesville, SC

Finally, I'm heading south. After spending two days in Canada, I'm taking a load of sponges to a Family Dollar distribution center in Jonesville, SC. The load weighs only 3600 lbs.

And, unlike the previous 5 days where I drove an average of 4 hours per day, today I drive close to 11 hours. Presently, I'm in Fairmont, WV which is about 30 miles south of the PA/WV line.

It was quite a day. At 7:00 am I delivered a load in Brantford, ON. I then bob-tailed to Bamford, ON which is close to Toronto. (60 miles). I picked up an empty and drove that about 10 miles to North York and picked up the load of sponges. It took about 3 1/2 hours to go the 70 miles. The traffic was heavy. I decided after picking up the load that the best way to get to SC was to cross the US/CN border at Buffalo, NY. So I drove an hour and a half south and crossed there. It was the easiest crossing I've ever had. From there I drove south on I-90 along Lake Erie. Unfortunately, they were experiencing lake effect snow which made visibility difficult. I was going to drive down to Cleveland and take I-77 south, but decided to head south on I-79 out of Erie, PA. Within a few miles the snow stopped and I was able to cruise south toward Pittsburgh. Having a light load makes it easier to deal with the hills.

Tomorrow, I'll continue south through WV, VA, NC and then SC. It should only take 6 or 7 hours. Jonesville, SC is in northern SC not too far from Charlotte, NC. I hear it may get to 60 degrees down there. That would be nice.

I drove through Morgantown, WV and discovered that is where West Virginia Univ is located. I understand now why they called the football game between Pitt and WVU the 'Backyard Brawl'. They are only about 50 miles away from one another.

I hope your week is going well. There's another set of primaries to follow tonight (WI, WA, Hawaii). This sure has been a fascinating election year.

I'll let you know where I'm headed next. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: