Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Green Bay, WI

It's been a busy few days. The last time I wrote I was just about to have breakfast with Gene and Neil in CA near Stockton. They and Crish arrived early and got a chance to see the truck and a Schneider operating center. We did have breakfast and had a wonderful conversation. Gene gave me tips as to how to navigate LA which really came in handy.

I made it to my stop in LA 45 minutes early, dropped the trailer and quickly drove down to Fullerton to pick up a load that needed to be taken to Green Bay. I spent that night, Thur at an operating center in LA.

I decided to head back east on I-40 and as a result met Grandma and Grandpa in Holbrook, AZ Friday afternoon. They drove up to Holbrook from Sun City. It was a nice time. I had plenty to eat and was able to give them a ride in the truck, which I think they enjoyed. I left Holbrook and continued east on Sat and got as far as Amarillo, TX.

Sunday, I drove as far as Springfield, MO and yesterday drove to Madison, WI. Fortunately, I was able to have dinner with Erika and the girls and buy them some gifts. Elsa will be 2 this Sunday, Feb. 10th.

The weather was great from CA all the way to IL. The temps were in the 50's - 70's and the skies were clear. It was a nice reprieve from driving in the Pacific Northwest. Yesterday however was less ideal. From St Louis to Madison I drove through fog. Sometimes very dense. The traffic flowed nicely but I needed to be on my toes.

I arrived in Green Bay this morning at 8:30 am. I'm hoping after unloading to get a load that heads back to Mpls/St Paul, but we'll see.

I haven't driven anymore miles in the last 2 weeks than I usually do, but it seemed like it. This time I drove through MN, ND, MT, WA, OR, CA, AZ, NM, TX, OK, MO, IL and WI. Quite a circuit. I now have driven through all of the lower 48 states except NV, UT, CO and VT.

I hope your weekend went well. I was pleased the Giants won the Super Bowl. They are Jason's team. It will be interesting to follow the primaries today, Super Tuesday. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: