Friday, February 15, 2008

Brantford, ON

I started out once again this afternoon from Blaine, MN. This will probably be my last two week run with Schneider. I'm pretty sure I'll be driving for a company called Monson beginning in early March.

I picked up an empty trailer in Menomonie, WI and drove it down to Madison, WI. Tomorrow the trailer will be loaded and I'll be heading to Brantford, ON. (Another border crossing).

Tonight I had dinner with Erika and the girls once again. Elsa was wearing pants with hearts on them and a big heart on her shirt. Sydney had a special dress on. We had to eat at McDonalds and for sure had to get a shake. After that I bought them each a heart shaped balloon with a teddy bear tied to it. Erika and the girls also had their picture taken in one of those photo booths. Very cute. It was a wonderful way for me to spend Valentine's day.
I had a great week with Tristan and Greta. It was filled with Basketball. Tristan had a great time and also did really well.

Jenna had her baby, a boy, last Saturday. Zachary is home and doing well. He was in NICU for a couple of days. Kathy said he is growing. His brother Elias doesn't seem adversely effected by it all. Congrats Jenna and Ben!

I drove on some snow packed roads on the way down to Madison. Not my favorite. I have yet to slide or swerve, and have no need to experience it. I'm aware of how big the truck is and how much damage it could cause if I lost control. I'm hoping the weather is good during this two week period. I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope your week went well and that this coming weekend will be a good one for you. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: