Saturday, February 9, 2008

Red Wing, MN

My apologies for the late post. I got home to Red Wing on Wednesday afternoon. I made it to Green Bay, WI Tuesday morning and got a new assignment to go up to Escanaba, MI and pickup a load of paper. I got that late Tues and then drove back to Blaine Wednesday morning. It seemed like a longer two weeks than usual. I think it had to do with driving out west.

Since Wed I've been taking Tristan to basketball events. Practice on Thur. A game on Friday. A tournament today. Tomorrow they get to play at the Target Center in downtown Mpls. That's where the Timberwolves play. They play at 9:30 in the morning. Tristan is excited about that.

I'm looking at two other trucking companies to work for. Both are much smaller than Schneider. Schneider has 13,000 drivers. These companies each have 250 drivers. The benefit to working for them is I could be home more frequently. For one company I'd be out 2 days and then home. Then got out the next day for 3 days and then home for 2 days. This company is based out of Rochester, though they have a terminal in Red Wing. For the other, I'd be based out of Red Wing. I'd drive for 5 days and be home for 2 days. I might make a decision in the next few days. I probably wouldn't start until the beginning of March if I did switch companies.

Jenna, Kathy's daughter just had a baby boy yesterday. She now has 2 boys. Elias and little Zachary. I was hoping they'd name him Alfonso Soriano Mathew after the Chicago Cubs player, but for some reason they decided not to. Can't figure it out.

Whether I switch jobs or not I'll be out again Thur. driving a Schneider truck for 2 weeks. I'll keep you informed. I hope you all have a good weekend. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: