Thursday, January 3, 2008

Yoder, IN

Finally, I'm back at it. I started again this morning and was sent from Blaine down to Eagan to pick up a load bound for Morris, IL. However, when I got there they had no record of a shipment going to Morris. After 2 hours of calling Schneider and talking to the Shipping people it was indeed determined that there was no load to ship.

So, I went to the nearest truck stop and waited for another assignment. I received one an hour later. I was to pickup a load in Glencoe, MN (west of the Cities) and take it to Yoder, IN. The pickup time is tomorrow morning and the delivery time is Sat morning. Having received this I settled in for the night.

At 8:00 pm I received a request to deliver a load to Bayport, MN (east of the Cities) by 11:30 pm tonight. I had to go to Blaine and pickup the load and take it to Bayport. I'm currently in Bayport with the new load waiting for it to be unloaded. I'll still head to Glencoe in the morning, but won't be able to get there as early.

I need to find a place to park for the night.

I had a long and busy Holiday break. From Sunday 12/23 thru 01/02. I spent time with Greta and her family, Erika and her family and I flew to NYC to spend time with brother Frank and his family. New Years Eve was spent with Tristan, as well as New Years Day. We went to a movie on the Eve and in the afternoon on New Years Day.

I hope your Holdays went well and that you haven't found it too difficult to get back to your normal routine. I should be driving until the 16th and will be sending updates on my travels. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: