Sunday, January 6, 2008

Janesville, WI

I think I'm experiencing a slight slowdown in the trucking industry. It may be due to the economy or just a holiday phenomenon. I delivered the load to Yoder, IN at 11:30 am, but waited in the truck until 4:30 pm for my next load. I picked up a trailer in Fort Wayne, IN and will be taking it to Janesville, WI. (260 miles). It doesn't need to be there however until Monday around noon. So, I'll have plenty of time between now and then.

I forgot to mention that I'm driving a different truck. It only has 400,000 miles on it instead of 600,000 miles. It practically brand new. I must say it looks the same as the other one. It does shift better than the previous one.

It was a dreary day in IN. Near 40, overcast and drizzling. But it is better than freezing rain, heavy snow, etc. It sounds difficult out west with all the rain, high winds and heavy snow in the mountains. Gene and Neil still have power at their home in Orinda, CA, but it sounds like a million customers nearby don't.

I hope your weekend is going well. I'll let you know where I'm heading next when I hear on Monday. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: