Monday, January 28, 2008

El Monte, CA

It's been quite a trip so far. I made it to Arlington, WA on time, but had to drive through 200 miles of snow and snow-packed roads. Fortunately, I didn't have to use the chains. I wasn't traveling very fast in stretches (35 mph). One car spun out in front of me and almost got his car back under control, but finally landed in a ditch. Another car in Spokane pulled over in front of me after passing and his car stalled. I had to switch lanes quite quickly.

Now I head down to Kent, OR to pick up a load. Kent isn't too far from Seattle. I'll take that load to El Monte, CA, near LA. So, I'm heading south and I'll pick up yet another state. (CA). I need to be there on Wed 01/30 in the afternoon. They say it is about 1200 miles.

Tristan was in a BB tournament on Saturday. His 4th grade team played other schools. They won all their games and each member of the team received a medal. He was excited.

I'll let you know how the trip south goes. Hope you had a good weekend. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: