Sunday, December 23, 2007

Red Wing, MN

Well, I am home! I arrived at 9:00 am today. Late in the afternoon yesterday I received a message from Schneider that I could go home after dropping off the load in Blaine this morning. I decided to get up early and try to beat the snow that was forecast. I awoke at 3:00 am and saw that the snow was falling and the wind blowing hard. I ventured out anyway. The road had 4 to 5 inches of snow and I could barely see tracks in the snow. I drove 20 mph for the first 2 hours. Fortunately there weren't many cars or trucks on the road. After a couple of hours there was evidence of a snow plow. Gradually my speed increased. By the time I got to the WI/MN border the roads were clear and I was zooming along.

I'll be off until the day after New Years Day, so I'll have plenty of time to celebrate with Erika and Greta., visit Frank and continue to work on my condo.

I hope the coming week will bring many unexpected gifts to you and those close to you. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: