Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fond du Lac, WI

I've stopped for the day. I'm 5 miles into Montana. It is snowing. I got stuck climbing up to Lookout Pass (on the ID-MT border). I had to get out and put on chains and then crawl at 5 mph to the top and then come down on the other side at 15 mph.

I started out this morning in Everett at 2:00 am PST and drove down to Portland (200 miles) and picked up chains there. Then I took I-84 east along the Columbia River. That was spectacular. After another 180 miles I headed back north into WA and picked up I-90.

Tomorrow I'll drive through MT and thursday I'll try to make it to WI. Quite an adventure.

My supervisor is trying to get me home on Xmas day. That would be nice, but I'm just hoping to be back by the day after.

Erika and Pat have decided they will be moving to near Portland, OR. Pat will be teaching at Linfield College in McMinnville, OR starting in Sept. '08. They are excited. It sounds like a wonderful place. I'm very pleased for them.

Well, I hope your week is going well. I'll let you knpw how the rest of my trip goes. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: