Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bozeman/Butte, MT

I just stopped for the night midway between Bozeman and Butte ob I-90. Montana sure is big. I'll drive 700 miles from the eastern to western MT.

I started out from the Twin Cities at 9:00 am yesterday and got as far as Bismarck, ND. I started again at 7:30 am this morning and drove close to 600 miles.

I still have over 600 miles left to drive before I reach Everett, WA. The weather has been good. In the Twin Cities it was below zero, but clear. It only got down to 15 in Bismarck. Where I'm at now it is in the 30's. No snow which I'm grateful about. I hope that continues until I get to WA. The mountains are impressive. I haven't been able to see the tops of them. They are cloud covered. What I can see of them is snow covered. I was in MT once before, but that was during the summer. The terrain was quite different then. It seemed more hospitable.

I'll probably drive another 600 miles tomorrow and get as close as I can to Everett. I hope your weekend is going well so far. I'll let you know where they send me once I get to WA. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: