Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wausau, WI

I'm in Morrilton, AR picking up large rolls of paper to take to Wausau, WI by Monday morning at 9:00 am. I've backed up to the dock, bought 2 Snickers from the Shipping clerk and now I'm waiting for them to start loading. After they load I'll have another hour and 15 minutes to drive before I have to stop for the night. Tomorrow I have 9 hours to drive and I'm trying to make it to Rockford, IL. Grandma and Grandpa, Kathy and Jim will meet me there.

I had quite a day. I drove from just east of Little Rock to Ochelatta, OK (300 miles). I dropped off a loaded trailer, picked up an empty and then drove almost all the way back to Little Rock (265 miles).

Tomorrow I figure I can drive 585 miles at the most. (9 x 65 mph). I may have to drive 40 or 50 miles past Little Rock before I stop tonight. That might give me a shot at Rockford. Most likely it'll be Rochelle, IL.

I stopped at a place last night where I could pump in cool air into the truck and hook up my computer to the internet. If I had a TV I also could have downloaded movies or got cable TV. It's quite a nice deal.

After I get to Wausau on Monday I'm not sure if they'll send me to the Cities or have me make more deliveries in WI.

I'll let you know if I meet up with Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow. They said they would being me some Snickers bars so I have some incentive.

I hope your weekend is going well. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: