Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Escanaba, MI




I arrived in Wausau, WI yesterday at 9:00 am got unloaded and then was sent to Escanaba, MI to pick up another load of rolls of paper. Escanaba is in the U.P. Of Michigan right on the shores of Lake Michigan. It is quite a hall. I had to stop in Green Bay for fuel. That made it a but longer. The drive along Lake Michigan reminded me a lot of the North Shore of Lake Superior. Very nice. I picked up a loaded trailer around 3:30 pm and realized I didn't have any more hours to drive, so I got a motel room in Escanaba. There weren't any truck stops nearby. I watched the Bears-Colts game emailed Kathy on her new Blackberry.

This morning I'm heading back to the Twin Cities to drop off this load. I should be done with that about 2:00 pm. And then hopefully, I get to go home. I will have driven 6200 miles these past two weeks, which is about what I've been averaging.

On Sunday afternoon I met grandma and grandpa, Kathy and Jim in Mendota, IL and have them a ride around the truck stop. G/G were laying down for awhile in the back bunk. They also brought me treats (gatorade, protein shakes, cookies and last, but not least, 5 or 6 bags of Snickers bars. Life is good. We also went out to eat. It was the first time they were able to see the truck.

I hope you all had a good weekend and that this week is starting out well. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: