Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Panama City, FL

Currently I'm at a truck stop in Birmingham, AL. I arrived here at 8:00 pm after driving 11 hours (650 miles) today. How did I get here?

Well, yesterday morning I dropped off a truck load of exercise equipment in Canton, OH. I was then sent to Shelby, OH north of Columbus to pick up a load of snow blowers to take to Memphis, TN. I thought that was a bit strange since it was 107 in Memphis today. It took 5 hours to get loaded in Shelby. I had to wait 3 hours to get to a dock. From Shelby I got as far as Louisville, KY last night. This morning I drove south on I-65 to I-40 to Memphis and arrived at 2:30 pm. I dropped off the trailer and immediately got another one which I need to take to Panama City, FL. It's called a 'JIT' load. 'Just in Time'. It has to be delivered by thur morning at 7:00 am or else. I'll have plenty of time. In fact, I'll be there around 1:00 pm tomorrow.

It was really nice this morning in Louisville. I would guess in the low 70's. But, as I mentioned, it was 107 in Memphis and around 90 when I arrived in Birmingham. The AC is working great so the heat hasn't bothered me.

I bought a small printer to use with my computer in the truck. I tried it out for the first time tonight. It works great. I have my own little travelling office. It's amazing what we can do now-a-days.

I hope you are all keeping cool. I'll keep you informed of my whereabouts. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: