Friday, June 15, 2007

Oklahoma City, OK

I'm in Carlisle, PA at a Schneider Operating Center and will take off in the morning for Oklahoma City. It is about 1400 miles and will take parts of 3 days. It needs to be there by 6:00 am Monday morning 6/18. I'm not sure if I'll head west on I-76 to I-70 and through OH, IN and IL or head south on I-81 to I-40.

I had a short haul this morning. (26 miles) through southern PA. What beautiful country and what winding roads. I took a route recommended for trucks, but it wasn't the fastest trip.

I communicated with my team leader and his associates about getting home on Tuesday night. They said they'd try. So, we'll see. At least I won't be in Canada like the last time I was trying to get home.

I looked up the Jeff Gordon Racing School. It's web address is: www.jeffgordoneracingschool.com. That's who I picked up the cars for. Also I read a review in the Washington Post of a movie entitled 'Big Rig'. The title of the article was 'Open Highways, Empty Checkbooks'. It talks about the struggles of truckers.

And then I talked to a driver who went through training with me back in December. He's a real nice guy. By the way, I found out there are 45 of is left driving out of a class of 72. Anyway, he was none to happy with his driving experience. He wasn't getting enough miles and said he was ready to quit. Getting enough miles hasn't been a problem for me. It was interesting to hear his story.

If any of you have thoughts about which way I should drive to OK, let me know. I hope your day went well. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: