Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Laredo, TX

Well, I'm back at it. I drove to Blaine, MN this aft, picked up an empty trailer there, dropped it off in Shakopee, MN and picked up a loaded trailer of popcorn which I'll be taking to Laredo, TX. I need to be there by Monday morning, July 2. I think it is about a 1500 mile trip. I'll have plenty of time to make it. Currently, I'm in Albert Lea, MN for the night. The route down there will be to take I-35 south from the Twin Cities to Laredo and take a left. I don't think I'll get lost.

I had a full weekend in NYC and it was fun. Frank and I worked all 4 days (fri-mon) on the renovations. We took out the front doors to the two apts and framed a wall that created a nice entryway which helped to merge the two apt. We installed a new front door and put up the sheetrock around it. I built shelves for an area which was the kitchenette for the front studio apt and which will now be a closet. We moved in furniture to the new space. It looks really nice. Both Frank and Melinda are pleased with it. I met with his colleagues on Monday evening at a nice restaurant on the upper west side. We had dinner and I showed them the website I created for them. They were impressed with the way I set it up. We also talked about the next steps we needed to take. I would have to say it was a very successful trip.

My next trip is to SF to visit Gene and Neil. Kathy, Jim and I will be flying out at the beginning of August for a few days. I'm thinking I might need to go to NYC ever 3 months or so.

I hope you all had a great week. I'll keep you informed as to how my drive to Laredo goes. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: