Saturday, June 9, 2007

Dacula, GA

I was going to email last night, but I had no phone service where I stopped. I arrived yesterday afternoon in Hancock, MI in the upper peninsula of Michigan. When I got to the delivery location everyone had gone home for the day. So I backed up to the dock and spent the night there. The truck was unloaded this morning at 8:00 am. From Hancock I drove south to Marinette, WI to pick up a load (181 miles). This load I'm taking to Dacula, GA (957 miles). I need to be there by 8:00 am 6/10, Sunday.

While driving today I got a message that my next assignment will be to transport Jeff Gordon's racing car from the Atlanta Motor Speedway Sunday night to the Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, NC. I need to pick up the car at 10:00 pm and have it delivered by 8:00 am on Monday morning. (280 miles). I wonder what that will be like. I'll bobtail to the racetrack and pick up the 'Gordon1` trailer which should already be loaded, and then drive through the night to NC.

Also, I drove thru Baraga, MI this morning which isn't too far from Hancock, and saw a Petibone (?) plant. Dad (grandpa) worked for Petibone in the 50's and 60's. That was fun. One of the workers in Hancock said they got 200` of snow every winter (lake effect snow off of Lake Superior).

Tomorrow I hope to drive close to 700 miles (11 hours) so it will be a long day. I'm now in Bloomington, IL. I'll take I-74 to I-75. The load is light (18,000 lbs) so the mountains won't be bad.

I'll let you know how it goes transporting a race car. I hope you all have a great weekend! - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: