Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Duluth, MN

Since I last emailed these are the cities I've gone to. (Whiting, WI - Waseca,MN - Easgan, MN - Duluth, MN - Cloquet, MN - Brainerd, MN and St Cloud, MN. I'm in St Cloud now picking up some scrap paper which I'll take to Duluth. I'm getting the hang of it. Much shorter trips. I call in at least 2 or 3 times a day. Mostly paper or paper products, although yesterday I hauled Coca-Cola products.

I have not been back to Red Wing this week yet. The other drivers have been very helpful with directions to businesses and advice about procedures.

I figured something out this morning. When I ran back in the '80's I used to run the city streets of South Mpls. That was enjoyable, but what really fascinated me was running up and down the alleys. Observing the back side of the city. Driving a truck feels the same. I see the back side of the city a lot and it is fascinating. It is not as well kept, usually older and a bit out of the way. Maybe it has to do with seeing beyond the facade. It seems a bit more real. Anyway, I find it fascinating.

I'm hoping to be home on Friday, but probably won't know until Friday morning.

Happy Birthday, Grandpa! What's it like being 90? - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I'd say the best part of those runs in the 80s was the finish. . .a fine Brandy Manhattan. . .and a pipe of Sweet Ginny