Friday, March 7, 2008

Red Wing, MN

Well, I finished my 'Check' ride and my day of orientation. I got back to Red Wing last night and will find out Saturday afternoon when I'll need to make my first pickup/delivery.

I did well on my 'Check' ride. The trainer was used to drivers right out of a training program. My having a year of experience was very helpful.

I was assigned my own truck, #452. It's at the terminal in Red Wing. I'll put some of my stuff in it this weekend. I received my ID card which gets me into the terminal. They don't have T-shirts or sweat shirts with Monson on it, but I did get a cap.

I talked to some other truckers who were interested in why I was switching from Schneider to Monson. They also seemed impressed with my experience. It looks like a good company. Much, much smaller than Schneider, but well run. They primarily pickup up paper, pulp, scrap, etc. It looks like I'll be doing border crossings into Winnipeg and Ontario from northern MN at times.

I'm not used to driving with someone and carrying on a conversation for a period of time, so Tues and Wed were different. I wasn't able to send my allotment of emails or make any phone calls. Nor did I have the alone time I'm used to. I'll be looking forward to that.

Greta drove Tristan to my place last night and he was there when I got home. It was good to see him. He spent the night and I took him to school this morning.

I'll let you know where I'm headed when I get the news tomorrow. Hope you all have a good and satisfying weekend. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: