Thursday, March 13, 2008

Red Wing, MN

I spent last night at home once again. Not bad. After delivering the load in Lincoln, NE yesterday morning I called in for my next assignment. The dispatcher said to call back in an hour. So I did that. They then told me to drive to Omaha and call in. So, I did that. They then told me to drive to Des Moines and call in. So, I did that. Once again, they told me to drive to Clear Lake, IA (100 miles) north of Des Moines. So, I did that. Finally, they said to drive back to Red Wing and call at 8:00 am this morning. I arrived in Red Wing at 7:00 pm and had a nice evening.

As I was traveling back, I believe they were looking for possible loads on my return trip (backhauls). I was paid for the miles I drove (over 400 miles) so I didn't lose out on anything.
The weather was nice, the temperature was mild, the roads were dry and it was a pleasant drive. I was surprised to get home once again this week. I expect to drive the next couple of days, but as of yet I haven't received my next assignment.

Kara and Ben both emailed with info on what the 5th season in Cedar Rapids is. It is a season of the 'mind' where one appreciates the other 4 seasons. They sent specific references in case you are interested.

Grandpa's birthday is coming up next Wednesday, March 19th. He will be 90. His sister, Marge, just turned 89 this past Thursday, March 6th. They are 'Irish' twins. They were born within a year of one another. Happy Birthday to both of them. Greta's husband, Tom had a birthday on the 6th also. I think he is 42. I believe Crish, my nephew, was also born in March, but I don't remember the date. (Crish, be sure to let me know).

I hope your week has been good. I'll let you know where I head next when I find out. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: