Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Park Falls, WI

It's been awhile since I last sent out an email. Last Thur I was sent to Sioux Falls, SD to pick up a load. My cousin Jeff lives there and just recently, his parents, Norman and Jan also moved there. I didn't have time to let Jeff know I was coming, but was planning on calling him when I got there. Well, it just so happened that as I was backing into the dock in Sioux Falls I received an email from him. I don't know if he had ever emailed before. I quickly called him and we were able to have lunch at a local truck stop.

By the way, Norman's 81st birthday is this coming Sunday, April 27th. Also on the birthday front, my brother-in-law, Jim, also known as Dr. Hall of Fame will turn 60 tomorrow. He's getting quite old.

Since my last email I have gone from WI to Huron, SD to Sioux Falls to Red Wing to Hoyt Lakes, MN to Cloquet, MN to Eau Claire, WI to Grand Forks, ND to Moorhead, MN to Duluth. Today I go back to Cloquet and then east to Park Falls, WI.

It is beautiful up here. In places there is still snow on the ground and many of the lakes are still parially ice covered. Spring is coming. Slowly.

I've been driving about 2200 miles a week the last 3 weeks. Mostly, I've transported paper products (scrap, pulp, rolls of paper). Last week I picked up a load of sugar at a warehouse in Mpls. A huge warehouse stacked high with bags and bags of sugar. And I thought to myself that this could be the birthplace of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).

Tristan has started baseball. He practices Tue, Thur and Sat each week. I hope he continues to enjoy the experience. I'll go with him as much as possible.

I hope you are all doing well. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: